Monday, December 31, 2018

When You Don't Feel Like Writing, Blogging, or Whatever You Do...

So. It's been fifteen days since I last updated my blog, which I had previously been updating at least every other day. Have I had school, emergencies, sickness, internet issues? Nope. I've had weeks with absolutely nothing to do. Nothing has gone wrong, I haven't been on a do-nothing-whatsoever-vacation, so why haven't I been keeping up?
  Well, I've decided to turn this into a good message. Everyone has this issue, right? So I'm going to explain why I haven't updated, why it applies to you, and why it's totally not an issue.


  • So the main reason I haven't been writing: my interests have a cycle. Writing and blogging aren't all I do! I also dance, I read a lot, I study psychology (more specifically mental illnesses, criminal profiling, and serial killers.), and I have zone-out days. All these interests go in cycles; I rarely watch psychology videos and dance videos on the same day. For about a week I do dance, then I feel like doing nothing for a day or so, then I transition into psychology, do nothing, and the cycle goes on. So in short, I felt like dancing and turning myself into pretzel/rubberband instead of writing. 
  • My point here: I don't have a million or even a thousand readers. I don't make money for this. I have legit no reason why I have to write this. I do it because I feel like it, so when the cycle moves on to another interest, I'd rather pour my heart and soul into that interest than force myself to write a blog post that won't give me anything. 
  • A lot of people seem to have this thing where they force themselves to write, blog, vlog, etc. because they feel they should. That's not right. That's what ruins things for me, is forcing myself to do the thing. That gives me negative emotional associations with the activity, and soon I hate it as much as I hate biology. So the thing is, if you don't have a valid reason such as money, a promise, or something of the sort, don't force yourself to keep up with these things. It's okay to do something else for a while. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post! I've actually been struggling with this problem for a while and wondering why,so this really helps.
    Not being able to write,blog,etc. makes me feel kinda down because I rely so much on my creative side.

    ReplyDelete