Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Greatest of Random/Weird/Dumb Writing Questions

  In honor of all the weird things about writing... Here are weird and random questions related to writing! Some of these you might wonder where I got, some you might've thought yourself and not even realized it was weird.
  So here we go, let's see what a procrastinating mind with a fever can possibly come up with...

1. Does Math Help With Writing? 

  Well let's see... NO. Or that's what my mind says, because I love writing and hate math so in no way can they have any relation to each other. 
  But, as usual, opinions are wrong. That's why nobody ever takes them seriously. Math can help you with writing, because in novels there's thing called a word count that matters, or if you have some immortal 592 year old character who's asked what his exact birthday is you might wanna be able to subtract... 
  That, and using your brain in any way just makes it overall stronger, meaning that Mental Abuse To Humans toughens up your brain... 
  And by the time your done, writers block is obliterated, you just wanna do anything but math!! 


2. You Know Your Character's Aren't Real, Right?

  Well then! I can scientifically prove you wrong! 
  The whole world is light reflected back at your eyes that your brain interprets into a picture. Meaning that the world is basically only what your brain says. And my brain is pretty obviously telling me that my book characters are real! 
  That wasn't enough for you? Well how about this: Define real. To me, real is anything I can experience in any way. And I can experience my characters and anything they experience. Here's some stuff to think about... If someone you love has died, are they not real? You can't see, hear, touch, taste, or smell them (I hope!) but they're still real, right? You can still think about them and love them? Yep. 
  Same with my book characters, I'm more obsessed with them than anyone I know in real life as of now! Just because they're thoughts and memories doesn't mean they aren't real! 
  (I don't know whether or not I explained that adequately or not, and I had another point but I forgot it... Maybe I'll come back and edit this when my brain is functioning better.)


3. Do Writer's Write Their Fantasy and Self-Insert?

  Um, I dunno about other people... But I don't really want my parents to ditch me after a traumatic event that includes me killing someone and go to a prison where you stay until you die very quickly, and have various mental disorders... Sure it all turns out okay, but why would I want to do that? 
  Why would Suzanne Collins want to be entered in a tournament where she fights to the death with kids? 
  Why would Stephanie Meyers want her unborn baby to break her spine? 
  Why anything! Man, whoever says this either reads a lot of romances that have not nearly enough drama, or you are like, crazy? I dunno... 


4. Why Are You So Protective Of Your Laptop? What Are You Hiding? 

  Lemme see... Is it the search history? Maybe some of the images I downloaded for book covers? Or is it the actual book, which cannot be seen until's it's been edited? 
  Probably mostly the search history, here are some of my most recent searches: 
  • How long does boomslang snake venom take to kill you?
  • How much radiation does it take to serious mutate someone?
  • How much does it bleed when someone gets stabbed in the stomach?
  • Why does nobody know the answer to how much you bleed from getting stabbed in the stomach? (Really though, I don't care how long before they die, how much do they bleed??)
  • How do plants grow? 
  • How do you give someone PTSD?
  • How to make someone unconscious with your hands (Descriptive, I know...) 
  • Did people cuss in the 1800's? 
  • 46 - 24 answer
See what I mean? Nobody should ever know that! Which is exactly why I'm putting up for public viewing! 
  Yeah, so... Now you know, stop trying to find out my secrets that I hide on here! 


5. Do Writers Love Their Characters? 

  Well duh, no! We only took exactly months finding out every detail about and writing the story of people we hate! Why on earth would we create characters that we love when we could hate their guts instead? 
  Okay, excuse my sarcasm. That's my humor, offensive or no, if you haven't noticed by now! Anyway, most of the time we writers love our characters to death! Literally! 
  But... There are some exceptions... For me, at least. Those are either when the character is destined to die, is just the overall jerky bad guy, or one special situation I'll explain in a second... 
  If a character is going to die and I've planned that from the beginning, I make them be someone I'd personally hate. I make them use words I hate (ex. pet peeve, O.M.G., etc.) I give them a personality that both matches the story and makes me want to scream, and usually they wear yellow... By the time I get around to chapter death, they're good to go! Make it stop!!! 
  The bad guy... I dunno, sometimes I like them okay, but often times they're like a destined-to-die who's on the opposing side and may or may not actually die. But most of the things that make people bad, like being selfish or sadistic or something, are things that bug me. 
  Then there's that special case there... I'm not going to point fingers or anything (Avoiding prejudice!), but girl I made you and your guy! And I kind of regret letting you have him!! So... Maybe go die? Please? Except I can't kill you because that defeats the point of the story... 


6. Are You All Poor? 

  Yeah, Stephen King and J.K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer and Suzanne Collins are pretty poor... I know, thousands to millions isn't a lot... 
  C'mon people, sure some of us are poor... Like me. But that doesn't mean we don't have potential or that it's impossible!! 


7. What's So Great About Writing? 

  Here's my personal list: 
  • I can be whoever I want in writing, literally. Same way readers immerse in the story while reading, I do while writing. Maybe even more than readers, because I don't remember ever feeling the same panic, pain,  and all as my characters to the point of having to stop when I'm reading. 
  • Creative outlet. Best ever, in my opinion! 
  • The clicking sound keys on a keyboard make. 
  • Knowing almost unjustifiable creepy facts, like exactly how certain serial killers murdered people and what it looks like.
  • Psychology chance of all chances... I CAN DO ANYTHING!!!! 

Do you have any questions about writing? Weird, useful, or otherwise? Because I would love to answer them! (I don't bite, unless you happen to come to my prison >:) Don't worry!) Questions or comments are welcome! Hate is also welcome, as long as you don't mind my sarcastic replies. Thank you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment